KILLING VECTOR BOARD GAME[edit | edit source]
A Spacetime, Multiverse Combat Game
---> Visit 571 Game Labs
Place: Earth/Milky Way Galaxy
The Hyper-Realm is a Multiverse environment set in various possible universes including the universe which we live in. Together, these universes comprise everything that exists: the entirety of space, time, matter, energy and the physical laws and constants that describe them. Multiple universes have been hypothesized in science, religion, philosophy, mythology and in science fiction and fantasy novels for many years. In the Year 2059, a Group of International Scientists achieve the first jump into the Multiverse and discovered the “Hyper-Realm”.
The origins of the technology that came to allow us to explore Spacetime were found frozen in ice during a US Submarine patrol in Antarctica in 1953. Subsequently discovering advanced beings that had an unexplainable advanced technology and were far more advanced than modern humans. The specimens and technology were moved to Rockwell, N.M., and Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio during the 1950s and were studied for decades. Many of the top Scientists from around the World came to the separate facilities and studied the technology discovered for possible applications of these devices for Military Exploitation.
As the years went on, the search for common sense applications of the technology that was discovered started to fade. Most of the early uses of the technologies found their way into the DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) Program. These advanced technologies contributed to the extreme advancements in Military superiority in the late 20th Century and early 21st Century by the United States. The advancement of quantum computing in the early 2028 and integrated AI systems that linked with the data-rich Multinational Technology companies of the US. They created the “Quantum Data Field” that allows the ultrasonic frequencies of the Hyper-Realm to be deciphered. This lead to a flurry of technological advancements. The core of the “Quantum Data Field” are linked together by a series of crystals that were found at the site of the Antarctic discovery and that were being utilized by DARPA for advanced communications during the George W. Bush administration.
After the discovery period, the international scientific community looked at the new technology that the “Quantum Data Field” had yielded. The advancements were astonishing and bewildering at the same time. Many of the advancements of the technology seem to contradict each other, some actually showing exact opposite results. Almost a negative world. Where up is down; where black is white. Was that possible? What did it say about the technology and the future of QDF consortium?
The new technologies did have one common ingredient that they were linked by an odd frequency signature. Discovering the frequency signature in their research led the Scientists to discover a communication method used to identify the location of the Multiverse. Defying all known technology of the physical world, the Scientists pushed on to apply the new technology to locate the Multiverse in 2055. In Spacetime, the Scientists located a multitude of threats and opportunities for this new World. A consortium of Nations on Earth decided they must Unite to defeat this possible existential threat. In 2056, The Stellar Coalition Force was recognized as the Authority to explore and to police the newly discovered “Hyper Realm” of Spacetime.
In late 2059, the Scout Class exoskeleton prototype for the Multi-Class Hyper-Realm Vehicles (MCHRV) Project was being developed by DARPA. In conjunction with Multinational Tech Firms and World Government Authorities, the Stellar Coalition Force started developing the Team they needed to travel into the Multiverse. Development of Hyper Realm interdimensional movement happened during the first trials for the Scout Class Prototype. They used those advancements to make tactical improvements for the newer Rogue Class and the Commander Class exoskeleton suits. By 2071, the Stellar Coalition Force lineup was complete and ready to defend our World from others in the Multiverse.
The beginnings of the “Hyper-Realm” may never be known. What we do know is that this is the opportunity to explore the here and never. The unknown awaits in the place between places and the world between worlds.
GAME SET UP:
✓ Open box
✓ Unpack contents
✓ Lay the game board down and open up
✓ Place Faction Cards on the left and right side of the game board according to rank, arranged from lowest to highest.
✓ Fill out the Battle Sheet with Factions, Characters, and the number of defense points remaining for Faction members.
✓ Roll for placement on the game board; winner picks a side and gets initiative
✓ Places character tokens on the Dimensional Planes A and D. Players alternating placing pieces on the designated Planes until all character tokens are laid out.
✓ Once all character tokens are placed. Gameplay begins.
- There are 2 types of movement in Killing Vector
- Plane (Dimensional Plane) Movement: Standard movement, in every direction, can be achieved by all character pieces on dimensional planes. They are only restricted by the total number of hexes they can move to in that one round.
- Dimensional Movement: Movement up and down through the dimensional planes of the Multiverse.
- Movement on a single and/or on multiple plane(s), up and/or down to different dimension(s) are also included in the total number of hexes a character can move.
- If a hex is occupied on a lower or higher dimensional plane, a character cannot proceed to that level. Furthermore, if a player is travelling through the dimensional planes and they are passing by an adjacent hex that contains an opponent's character, there would be an attack of opportunity from any character that are in any of the adjacent hexes. If there are any attacks as a character is travelling through the dimensional planes, the moving character has an opportunity to stop on that plane & defend themselves or continue to their destination without an counter-attack.
- The Multiverse is represented by 6 Levels of Spacetime known as dimensional planes. Some characters have the ability to go up and/or down in the Multiverse. On the other hand, other characters can only travel upwards in the Multiverse, they must move around the board in a clockwise fashion in order reach all the dimensional planes. Once a character gets to the Dimensional Plane F, the next level of the Hyper Realm would be Plane A. Dimensional movement values are represented by up and/or down arrows next to the dimensional move number associated with each individual character.
|Each game play hex has two distinct sections. The inner hex or character placement hex, is where the character token is placed. The outer ring of hex around the character placement hex is referred as the duration hex grid. This outer ring of hexes are used for any situations where duration of events exceed one round. The top of the duration hex grid is the first round and each other of the hexes signify one more round of duration.|
- Use of morphing weapons does allow for the caster to move normally while the weapon effects are still enabled.
- All moves are made before you discharge your weapon(s).